- Hits: 276
Matthew 5v12 has this great verse "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad"..... until you read it in its context and look at verse 11.
- 2 Timothy 3:12, " Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution."
- Hebrews 5:8. Christ learnt obedience through the things He suffered.
- Philippians 3:8-11. Here Paul sums it up.
- Hits: 284
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
- Hits: 260
Some of my notes from this morning's message
Romans 12 (Amplified Bible)
- I APPEAL to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
- Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
- Hits: 288
"According to their pasture, so were they filled. They were filled and their heart was lifted up. Therefore they have forgotten Me." (Hosea 13:6)
Indeed we serve a great God, one who wants nothing but the best for us. While stated in Jeremiah 29:11 (For I know the purposes which I am purposing for you, says Jehovah; purposes of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope), this is best summed up by John 3:16-17.