This activities revolves around various paper airplane challenges.
If the group is large then divide it up into teams of between 3 to 4 people, otherwise let each person compete as an individual.
For each challenge, each team is given the identical resources e.g. between 1 to 4 pieces of A4 paper, glue stick, scissors etc. It is possible for this activity to work without scissors or glues sticks, this will just force the participants to be more inventive and resourceful.
Each round will consist of a different challenge, with each challenge having a maximum possible score. The team with the highest score, at the end, wins.
Some examples of challenges are:
- Plane to fly the furthest
- Most unusual plane
- Most acrobatic plane
- Smallest plane
- Fasted plane
Possible scripture themes:
- But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isa 40:31)
- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. (1Co 15:52)
- In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (Gen 1:1)
- I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (Psa 139:14)